Cannabis can only be purchased by qualifying registered medical patients or caregivers age 21 and older with a valid ID. Here are the legal limits of Maryland medical cannabis.
- One hundred twenty grams (120) of usable marijuana (flower) is the maximum a qualifying patient can possess at one time
- Thirty Six (36) grams of concentrate/extract can be purchased per 30 day period
- no limits on paraphernalia (pipes, lighters, rolling papers etc)
Although cannabis is legal in Colorado, Oregon, Alaska, Washington and The District of Columbia, transporting any Schedule 1 drug (like cannabis in any form) across state lines is a federal offense.
Although medical cannabis consumption is legal in Maryland for qualifying patients, we caution people from openly consuming any form of it within view of the public. Additionally, cannabis smoking is prohibited in certain private areas such as universities, workplaces, and rental properties.
Cannabis can only be purchased legally by a qualifying patient from a licensed dispensary. Growing cannabis plants for personal use is still prohibited under Maryland law.
Cannabis impairs reflexes and judgment, like alcohol or some prescription medicines. Enjoy cannabis responsibly and respect the other drivers on the road. Do not medicate with cannabis and drive! Call a friend, Uber, Lyft, taxi, or wait until you are sober. Open container laws apply to cannabis in the same way they apply to alcohol. Keep cannabis products in their original, sealed package in your car.
Companies can still prohibit their employees from cannabis usage, and can still drug test. Read your company’s employee manual to know your rights.
Store your cannabis flower in a glass jar or Polypropylene FDA Compliant & BPA Free container away from the sun, bright lights, moisture and heat to keep it fresh and potent. Try to minimize the handling of the flowers. Use a grinder to prepare flower prior consumption. It will burn more uniformly.
- Airtight. Pick a container that fits the flower quantity without too much extra air. Plastic bags are not advised as they are too permeable and may allow products to get crushed. Hard containers that keep out air and light are best.
- Humidity control. Keep containers free of outside moisture to preserve flavor and potency. Optimum relative humidity is between 59% and 63%. We recommend the use of a humidity control packet placed inside the container.
- Cool temp. Ideally, cannabis flower should be stored between 40 to 80 degrees F. While some cannabis-infused edibles hold up well in the freezer, most other cannabis products degrade in freezing temperatures. Heat will also degrade the potency and flavor of your cannabis. Store in a cool and preferably dark place. Do not store your cannabis in your car!
Store your cannabis vape cartridges with the mouthpiece upright (a drinking glass or cup holder works great) and detach it from your pen when not in use. If your cartridge clogs, try blowing into the mouthpiece while pushing the button to activate the vape to clear out accumulated oil.